SOUND ASSURANCE PREMIER WARRANTY & SERVICE PROGRAM ADVANCED REPLACEMENT PROGRAM
1.0 Service Overview
Sound’s Advanced Replacement Program (SARP) is a value-add service available to our customers covered under either a Sound Assurance Premier (SAP) “Gold” or “Platinum” Warranty that expedites equipment replacement and minimizes the amount of time our customers are without their Sound equipment when seeking service under their SAP Warranty.
2.0 Advanced Replacement Coverage Benefits
For eligible covered Sound equipment, an equivalent advanced replacement unit (ARU) will be shipped to you in the event that the covered equipment is not operating properly in accordance with the applicable manufacturer protocols.
3.0 Advanced Replacement Policies
Prior to shipping an ARU, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- A Sound Support Engineer must have:
- confirmed that your equipment is eligible for participation in Sound’s Advanced Replacement Program;
- confirmed that your eligible covered equipment is not operating properly in accordance with the applicable manufacturer protocols; and
- issued a Sound ARU RMA number;
- Customer must provide to Sound:
- a signed Advanced Replacement Program Confirmation and Authorization Form, confirming customer’s understanding that customer is responsible for payment for the ARU at Sound’s current list price in identified situations;
- confirmation that customer has on file with Sound a valid credit card authorization form for any charges associated with the ARU;
- confirmation of shipping address for the ARU (Note: P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for ARU delivery. Customer must provide Sound with a physical address);
- all necessary assistance to all Sound support engineers, and other representatives, to determine whether the covered equipment has failed or not;
- Customer must return the covered equipment or component within 5-business days following receipt of the ARU
- Within 5-business days following receipt of the ARU, Customer must ship the covered equipment or component back to Sound, the manufacturer, or such other location as Sound may designate, in the packaging provided with the ARU or replacement component. If the packaging is damaged during shipping, customer must provide their own proper packaging to ensure safe return shipment to Sound.
- The ARU provided will consist of the same model as the covered equipment, or if an identical model is not available an upgraded model may be provided. At Sound’s election the ARU may be either a brand new unit or a reconditioned/refurbished unit.
- If there is only a component failure, Sound will ship the components for replacement only.
4.0 Shipping Terms
All ARUs will ship within 3-business days of all requirements outlined above being confirmed.
5.0 Non-Warranty Damage
If any defect in the covered equipment or component is determined to have been caused by misuse, neglect, accident, abuse, improper repair, alteration or modification by the customer, or any act in violation of the original selling conditions of the covered equipment by manufacturer or Sound, any required repairs will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or the SAP Warranty. As the warranty has been voided by the customer’s actions, the Advanced Replacement Unit Program will not apply. In such event the following rules shall apply:
- Customer will be provided a quote for repair of the equipment and customer will have up to 10-day to elect to:
- Have the equipment repaired at the quoted price;
- Purchase the ARU at the then applicable Sound List Price; or
- Have the equipment returned to the customer’s location.
If customer either (i) fails to respond within the 10-day period, or (ii) fails to ship the ARU or component back to Sound in the packaging provided with the returned damaged equipment within 5-days following receipt of the returned equipment/component, then customer’s account or credit card will be charged the then applicable Sound List Price and the original warranty will be cancelled.
6.0 Missing Components
If the customer fails to return the complete covered equipment or ARU to Sound, the customer will be notified to ship the missing parts to Sound at the customer’s cost within 5-days. A failure to do so will permit Sound to charge the cost of missing components to the customer’s account or credit card. This charge is not refundable for delayed returns.
7.0 Additional Terms and Conditions
Customer must use the shipping label provided by Sound. Sound is not responsible for any shipping costs incurred by customers using other means of shipping.
- P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for ARU delivery. The customer must provide Sound with a physical address.
- Sound’s sole liability, and the exclusive remedy, for any acknowledged defect(s) shall be the repair or replacement of the equipment in question.
- Sound does not offer refunds, credits or upgrades.
- Advanced Replacement Program is available only to the original purchaser.
- Sound’s Advanced Replacement Program is only available within the United States.
All other terms and conditions of the applicable SAP Warranty shall apply.