Regenerative Laser Therapy
Sound® is committed to continually refining its product line to meet the demands of the equine veterinarian. The release of the SmartRLT Sport marks our 3rd evolution of regenerative laser since our introduction of RLT technology in 2012. After 500,000+ treatments, 40,000+ horses, and 500+ Winners, the RLT technology has lived up to that promise again and again. Whether the patients suffer from acute trauma, chronic degenerative lesions, or you are getting them primed for performance at a show/ race, there is a treatment regimen and implementation strategy that fits both logistically and financially into your schedule.
- Portable Design
- Battery Powered
- Sound 14″ rugged touchscreen tablet
- Built-In Handpiece “holster”
- Trusted laser module
- Sound Smart Software
- Proven efficacy
Download the SmartRLT Sport Product Brochure
Regenerative Laser Fits Your Practice
Serious tendon and ligament injuries to equine athletes present what used to be a chasm in the treatment arsenal for even the best equine veterinarians. Sound® has developed the SmartRLT SPORT to bridge this gap, providing Regenerative Laser Therapy in a rugged, easy-to- use system that can be easily transported from clinic to truck to barn by veterinarians and technicians alike.
Reliable, safe environment use, consistent performance:
- IP65 rated for water and dust resistance
- Military Specification for shock, vibration, EMI and EMC
- 2 Hot-swappable batteries up to 6 hours of continuous use
- Sunlight Readable HD Display
- 1TB SSD with Windows 10 Embedded OS
- Intel 8th Gen i5 Quad Core Processor – high performance, low power use
- Cellular LTE Capability (AT&T)*
- * Data plan required, LTE available in select markets, Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on side conditions and carrier.
More Rugged. More Portable. More Reliable.
Sound® refuses to be satisfied with success. The SmartRLT Sport represents the forefront of innovation, decreasing the total volume by 67% and the weight by 31% from the SmartRLT, while maintaining the proven output parameters and enhancing the durability of all components. Now equine vets and techs of all sizes can easily transport and deliver this amazing technology in the clinic, at the track, and in the field.
The Regenerative Advantage
Regenerative Laser Therapy (RLT) is achieved when light is delivered in very short, very high-energy pulses. When these pulses are absorbed deep into the tissue, they create an outgoing shockwave (in all directions;) called a photo-acoustic wave that propagates even deeper into the tissue. More importantly, these waves can interact with the extracellular matrix, a web of tissue around the tendon/ligament that hold important growth factors. RLT can force these growth factors to be released and absorbed into injured cells when they would NOT have naturally. RLT technology broadens the scope of what can be treated to the more severe pathologies, especially in the ligaments and tendons of the equine athlete. Injuries that will naturally cause scar tissue, which over time will compromise the elasticity of the tendon/ligament, can now be nipped in the bud (if caught early) or even restored in chronic cases.
- Stimulates capillary circulation
- Enhances perfusion of blood from vessels to tissues
- Initiate the release of oxygen from blood
- Enhances targeted tissue oxygenation
- Enhances efficiency of ATP production process
- Generate more cellular energy within cells
- Faster and stronger healing
- Propagate deeper into tissue
- Agitate the extra-cellular matrix
- Release the growth factors that lay dormant on injured cells
- Increase permeability of the cells
- Nutrients can enter cells easier
- Waste can exit cells easier
- Even pre- and post-performance
- Extra-corperal Shockwave
- Stem Cells Therapy
Speak to an Imaging Specialist about the SmartRLT Sport regenerative therapy laser
In an effort to make ourselves as accessible as possible, we have several convenient ways to contact us. Our main office is open 8 AM to 5 PM PST.